Radial inbound interception with EHSI using VOR Tracker
This video demonstrates a 180°/90°/45° radial inbound interception using the VOR Tracker app.
- For inbound radial interceptions, do not forget to set the RECIPROCAL course!
- What type of interception method?
- Up to 20° difference: 45°
- More than 20°, less than 70° difference: 90° (followed by 45°)
- More than 70° for inbound interceptions: 180° for at least 2 min (followed by 90°/45°)
- Standard rate turn: Bank angle = Airspeed/10+7 (°)
- Roll out at bank angle/2 (°) before the desired heading
What pilots say about VOR Tracker
Awesome! This app excellent! I don’t need to book a practice sim and waste setup time just to practice holdings and arc/course intercepts. I can just hop on this app when I have free time and practice on my own.
Best app on NAVAIDs! I am new student pilot, and even though am far from my instrument rating, I like to be ahead of things, and getting to know the instruments and know how they operate is a must.
Great app for practicing holding pattern entries and holding in general. Both NDBs and VORs are available which is great for any pilot willing to train their IFR procedures. Highly recommended!!
I used this app on iOS back in 2017 for my IR training and it has always been top notch! I still use it often to escape from LNAV/VNAV boredom these days and it’s a nice piece of kit to practice!
Very good app for IFR training ! Holding/DME Arc/Interception… You can create your own missions and choose your instruments. As said in the description, it’s definitely not a game but a great tool for professional pilots.
Really enjoying being able to practice my holds and intercepts no matter where I am. As an instrument student I haven’t learned and used all aspects of the app yet, but what I have used is really helping me become more proficient!